We believe that our children deserve a curriculum that is inspiring, creative and provides them opportunities to achieve their full potential.
We work hard to provide learning experiences that are engaging, enjoyable and challenging. Basic skills are driven through all curriculum subjects.
Teachers plan sequences of lessons using prior learning and new skills and knowledge. The curriculum is constantly reviewed to ensure it meets our children needs.
We celebrate the diversity of all children and cultures and we promote spiritual, moral, social, cultural development and modern British values.
Our school motto ‘Aiming High’ reflects the standard we expect for all learners.
Aims and objectives
The aims of our school curriculum are:
- to enable all children to learn and develop skills and knowledge to the best of their ability;
- to promote a positive attitude towards learning, so that children enjoy coming to school and acquire a solid basis for lifelong learning;
- to teach basic skills in English, Mathematics and Computing;
- to enable children to be creative and to develop their own critical thinking;
- to teach children about the developing world, including how their environment and society have changed over time;
- to help children understand Britain’s cultural heritage;
- to enable children to be positive citizens in society, within their community and the wider world;
- to fulfil all the requirements of the National Curriculum (2014) and the Locally Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education;
- to enable children to have an awareness of their own spiritual development and moral understanding;
- to help children understand and value the importance of truth and fairness, so that they grow up committed to equal opportunities for all;
- to provide opportunities for our children to be aspirational, believe in themselves and be resilient.
At Thorpepark we follow the discovery syllabus for RE